Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
Are you ready for an extraordinary journey through the captivating landscapes and rich cultural heritage of Morocco? Embark on a 3-day adventure from Marrakech to Fes, where you’ll discover the enchanting path that winds its way through the heart of this mesmerizing country. From vibrant souks to ancient medinas, from majestic mountains to picturesque valleys, this trip promises an unforgettable experience that will leave you craving for more.
Marrakech – Fes
Morocco, a land of mystique and allure, holds a wealth of treasures waiting to be discovered. The journey from Marrakech to Fes is a popular route that takes you on a whirlwind adventure, immersing you in the country’s vibrant culture, breathtaking landscapes, and architectural marvels. Brace yourself for an unforgettable expedition that will open your eyes to the wonders of Morocco.
On the first day of your journey, you will depart from Marrakech and travel through the scenic Tizi N Tichka pass. Marvel at the breathtaking views of the Atlas Mountains as you make your way to Kasbah Ait Benhaddou, a UNESCO World Heritage site known for its stunning architecture and rich history.
Continue your exploration to Ouarzazate, often referred to as the “Hollywood of Morocco,” where you can visit film studios and witness the beauty of the surrounding landscapes. End your day by immersing yourself in the fragrant Rose Valley and Dades Valley, where picturesque rose gardens and dramatic rock formations await.
On the second day, venture into the breathtaking Todra Gorge, known for its towering canyon walls and crystal-clear river. Take in the awe-inspiring natural beauty as you hike through the gorge and capture memorable photographs. Journey further to Erfoud, a town famous for its fossil-rich landscapes and traditional craftsmanship. From there, your adventure continues to Merzouga, where you will embark on an unforgettable camel trekking experience. Ride across the golden sands of the Sahara Desert and witness a mesmerizing sunset before reaching your luxury desert camp, where you will spend a magical night under the starry desert sky.
As your desert adventure comes to an end, bid farewell to Merzouga and set off toward Fes. En route, you will pass through the magnificent High and Middle Atlas Mountains, where snow-capped peaks and lush valleys create a picturesque backdrop. Make a stop in Ifrane, often called “Little Switzerland” due to its European-inspired architecture and charming atmosphere. Finally, arrive in Fes, an ancient city renowned for its well-preserved medina and vibrant cultural heritage. Prepare to be enchanted by the labyrinthine streets, bustling souks, and architectural wonders that await you on this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Embark on this remarkable journey from Marrakech to Fes, where you will discover the diverse landscapes, rich history, and warm hospitality that make Morocco a truly captivating destination.
Yes, traveling from Marrakech to Fes is generally safe. It is advisable to take necessary precautions and follow the guidance of local authorities.
Morocco reveals its true splendor during the idyllic seasons of spring, which grace the land from March to May, and autumn, enchanting visitors from September to November. These delightful periods boast a pleasant and temperate climate, setting the stage for an unforgettable exploration of this captivating country.
Luxury Upgraded Option: A luxury private tent takes your desert camping experience to the next level. It offers exclusive amenities and enhanced privacy. The standout feature of a luxury tent is the private ensuite bathroom and shower. Within the confines of your tent, you’ll find a well-appointed bathroom equipped with shower condiments and fresh towels. This ensures convenience and comfort, allowing you to enjoy a refreshing shower in the privacy of your own space.
Standard Tent: On the other hand, a comfortable tent provides a cozy and more basic accommodation option. While it still offers a comfortable place to rest, the facilities are shared. The bathrooms and hot showers are located outside the tent and are commonly shared among the guests in the camp. It’s worth noting that these shared facilities are maintained to a good standard, providing cleanliness and functionality.
Yes, all tents provided on the private tour ensure complete privacy.
The duration of the drive from Marrakech to Merzouga can vary depending on various factors such as traffic conditions and stops along the way. Typically, the drive takes approximately 8 to 9 hours, covering a distance of around 560 kilometers. It’s important to note that the drive includes breaks for rest, refreshments, and sightseeing opportunities to make the journey more enjoyable. The stunning landscapes and scenic routes along the drive make it an integral part of the overall experience, allowing you to soak in the beauty of Morocco’s diverse landscapes.
Pack comfortable clothing, sunscreen, a hat, sturdy walking shoes, and a reusable water bottle. Don’t forget to carry a camera to capture the stunning landscapes.
The camel ride during sunset lasts approximately 1 hour, providing you with ample time to immerse yourself in the beauty of the desert landscape. For the sunrise trek, the camel ride is approximately 40 minutes, allowing you to witness the breathtaking sunrise over the horizon.
Yes of course you can, we will provide you with a private 4×4 instead.
The weather in the desert can vary depending on the season and the time of day. Generally, the desert experiences extreme temperature fluctuations between day and night. During the day, especially in the summer months, the desert can get extremely hot with temperatures soaring high. It’s important to protect yourself from the sun and stay hydrated. In contrast, nights in the desert tend to be cooler, with temperatures dropping significantly. It is advisable to bring layers of clothing to adapt to these temperature changes and to ensure your comfort throughout the day and night.
Absolutely! Morocco has many other incredible destinations to explore. You can extend your trip to visit cities like Chefchaouen, and Casablanca, or even venture into the Sahara Desert.
– Plan your trip during the spring or fall when the weather is pleasant and not too hot.
– Pack sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the desert sun.
– Bring comfortable walking shoes for exploring the medina and climbing sand dunes.
– Research and book your Tour and activities in advance to ensure availability.
– Respect the local customs and traditions, and dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites.
– Be cautious of your belongings in crowded areas and avoid displaying expensive items.
– Respect the local customs and traditions, especially when visiting religious sites.
– Drink bottled water and avoid tap water to prevent any potential stomach issues.
– Wake up early to catch the sunrise over the desert dunes.
– Take the time to interact with the local Berber communities and learn about their way of life.
– Capture magical moments and stunning landscapes through photography.
– Embrace the slower pace of life and savor each moment of your journey.
– Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the desert sun.
– Comfortable walking shoes for exploring and climbing sand dunes.
– Scarf or shawl to cover your head and shoulders when visiting religious sites.
– Camera and extra batteries to capture stunning landscapes and moments.
– Tagine: A traditional Moroccan dish cooked in a cone-shaped clay pot, usually consisting of meat, vegetables, and aromatic spices.
– Couscous: A staple Moroccan dish made from steamed semolina grains and served with a variety of vegetables and meats.
– Mint tea: A refreshing drink made with green tea, fresh mint leaves, and sugar.
– Berber pizza: A delicious street food made with a crispy flatbread filled with a variety of toppings such as vegetables, cheese, and meat.
The 3-day adventure from Marrakech to Fes is an immersive experience that takes you on a captivating journey through the heart of Morocco. From the vibrant streets of Marrakech to the majestic Atlas Mountains and the ancient wonders of Fes, every step unveils a new facet of this enchanting country.
Indulge in the vibrant tapestry of Moroccan culture, tantalize your taste buds with the exquisite flavors of Moroccan cuisine, and forge cherished memories that will endure a lifetime.